Replacing your roof is a big investment, and not one you should delay. Failing to replace your roof when it’s time can lead to thousands of dollars in home repairs from leaky shingles and structural damage. Here are a few signs it’s time for a new roofing system:
- There are wet spots on your ceiling, in the attic, or crawl spaces.
- Your chimney’s masonry has cracked.
- Shingles are curled, buckling, missing or broken.
- Your shingles are blistering.
- Shingles are badly aging and missing granules.
- You notice signs of roof rot, such as a spongy feeling when you walk on it.
- There is water backup in your eaves.
- Your flashing is damaged, or completely compromised.
Hire professional roofers to inspect your roof thoroughly for signs that it’s time to replace it. Even if you don’t see any signs of damage, a roof that’s too old may be prone to breakdowns.